Thursday, July 5, 2012

who are we?!?!?!

i started to blog about our kids, but then i thought, WHOA!  Wait a second, maybe we should start from the beginning!!  who are we?  i want this blog to be more about US than just ME... so i should define who WE are!

we= mike and laurie... and with our children and fur babies, we make up "the gonser's blended family".  that might seem unimpressive (is that a word?) to you, but if you see the bigger picture, you understand why OUR blended family is alittle special!

THAT ^^^^^ is us!  Cute right?!  Confused yet?  :)  most people are!  clearly, mike and i are the two getting married!  and the other six are our children!  yes, even the two adults! 

our favorite question is "HOW OLD ARE YOU?"  i've been enjoying that question for 12 years now!  my favorite answer is "i look GREAT for my age don't i?!?" 

alright, i'll explain!  i wish i could draw on here... like with arrows and stuff like they do on monday night football!  THAT would be cool!!  but since i can't...  starting from the TOP... in the black is Lexi.  next down is sireana.  hot pink one shoulder dress is sabreana.  little man is brady.  pink strapless is jordan.  princess front and center is brittin. 

now for the WHO and HOW!!

who belongs to who?
lexi- mike
sireana- me
sabreana- me
brady- me
jordan- mike
brittin- me

how??

clearly, how mike got his children isn't a mystery ;)
me on the other hand... i'm 35... i have a 27 year old and 26 year old... i certainly didn't birth them!  at the ripe old age of 20, i read a book called "A Child Called It" and it's sequel "Lost Boy" after which i was determined to become a foster parent... and i DID!  my first and only foster children were Sabreana and Sireana.  i adopted them two years after they moved in.  brady and brittin... i had the old fashioned way! 

obviously, there's so much more to this story... grand kids, a son-in-law, two precious fur babies... but there will be time for that and many more blogs to come! 

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this, Laurie. I had no idea that you fostered! And I too was touched by the book A CHILD CALLED IT. We have a lot in common...
    Shannon <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I just joked with someone recently that you need to do a family tree with arrows so the rest of us can figure it out! Now I get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again im inspired!! What an amazing testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe thanks! we have very amazing children! we are super blessed!

    ReplyDelete