Monday, September 2, 2013

a perfect life...

after the past few weeks.... heck, after the past few months, I stood in the laundry room sifting through MOUNDS of laundry and thought to myself "I really feel beat down by life".  I just felt exhausted... mentally.  then after a minute I thought, "this is it!!  this is the only life I get here on earth!!  and no matter what comes, I'm going to make the best of it!"

some day, the mounds of laundry will be gone.
football games will all be over
band practices will have ended
dinners will be for two....

this weekend, I watched as my son and his friends swam in a creek and fished.  and I realized how happy I am at the fun they have riding their bikes down a country road... playing in the creek... and relaxing at bonfire.  now don't get me wrong.... these ARE the same kids who cut down a 50 ft. pine tree in our yard... that didn't need cut!!  but watching them having the simplest fun brings a smile to my face :)

life hasn't been a piece of cake lately!  it's been like a... really stinky piece of bad steak!  smelly and tough to chew!  but I know it's only a season in my life... and God will walk us through, never letting us down, bringing us to something far greater than we can imagine!! 

in the meantime, I will TRY to get to all the football games, doctor appointments, school events, and social events on the correct day and at the right time!  I will get enough laundry washed that my hubs isn't wearing the TMNT boxers!  I will cook... at least 3 times a week!  and I will cherish every hectic and chaotic moment with my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment