Wednesday, November 28, 2012

a Christmas Experiment

this year, our family is RACK'ing people for Christmas!
RACK= Random Acts of Christmas Kindness!!!!  i originally got the idea from pinterest during the summer.... here's the link http://tsjphotography.com/blog/random-acts-of-christmas-kindness-summary/  from pinterest.

i intend to thoroughly blog and FB the entire experience.  but right now, i'm just going to talk about ONE of our RACK ideas.

Craigslist.  by now, everyone should know my extreme obsession with "the craigslist".  at some point, my family may need to step in ;)    anyway... while our family was compiling our list of "random acts of Christmas kindness", my daughter sireana suggested placing a craigs list ad.  hm... craigslist... you have my attention!!! 

so i did.  here's my ad:

our family is celebrating the 24 days leading up to Christmas by doing one Random Act of Christmas Kindness each day.
do you need alittle random kindness? maybe you desperately need an oil change and can't afford it... maybe you don't have a Christmas Tree... maybe you need haircuts for all your kids...
maybe you know someone else who could use some Christmas cheer...
if so, please email us and tell us:

1. about you & your family
2. what is that you need
3. town you live in

our family will read all the emails together tonight and choose ONE.
emails will be accepted through 5 pm today- November 28th.
(please note, we have already "adopted" a family... so we aren't looking for a shopping list and all your family members wants)


i placed my ad at 9:06 a.m.  as of 12:51, i have ELEVEN emails!!!  i'd like to make a few comments about this process:

1.  WE ARE TRUSTING GOD TO HELP US MAKE WISE DECISIONS
2.  WE ARE NOT JUDGING ANY OF THE E-MAILS OR DECIDING IF PEOPLE ARE "DESERVING"
3.  WE WILL HELP AS MANY PEOPLE AS WE REALISTICALLY CAN

my ad was pretty clear that we've already "adopted" a family... but many of the emails basically want Christmas gifts.  I get that.  For several years, I couldn't buy my kids their gifts, and if not for my parents, I would be the one writing a plea for help!!! 

but a few of the emails are EXACTLY what we were looking for!!!!  and this is sorta where I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO ASK FOR HELP!!!  i think my friend Nicki has one thing figured out about life... YOU HAVE TO NETWORK!!!  and right now, i'm counting on NETWORKING!!!  i'm quite certain i will be placing other requests... but right now, i'm looking for two VOLUNTEERS!!!!  i stress the word VOLUNTEER!!!  ;)

1.  A PHOTOGRAPHER

2.  A HAIR STYLIST

if you are interested in donating your services, i'll get with you!!!!  and if you AREN'T one of those, but are interested in getting in on the RACK ACTION, let me know!!!!! 

1 comment: